Re: strange behaviour

Quoting Emil Perhinschi <emilper home ro>:
if the callback is in a module, try "our" instead of "my" ...

emil per.

Even that would not help if the module is in a different file.  The our
construct only makes variable visible within a file.  When accessing a global in
another package always use the $package::var form.  Or better yet, don't use
globals.  They are nasty hacks that are generally not a good idea in programs
large enough to be using packages.  Alternatives to globals are closures, OO,
and storing data in the widgets themselves ($window->{somekey} = "foo").