Question about Gnome-Print-0.5 & Fonts

I'm playing a bit with Gnome2-Print-0.5 and I'm wondering if I'm doing
something wrong or if there is something wrong with my font setup.

I playing with the example '' in the examples directory and
I'm just changing the name of the font in this line:

my $font = Gnome2::Print::Font->find_closest("Times New Roman", 16);

No matter what name I put there, what it finds is ALWAYS 'Andale Mono

If I run the the '' from Gtk2-FormFactory which includes a little
font selector, more fonts show up that just Andale!  (like 'Times New
Roman', 'Arial', 'Nimbus', etc)

Any ideas?