Re: RFC (was Re: Gtk::VBox problem in 0.97)

* muppet <scott asofyet org>:

    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-July/msg00086.html

here's the patch that implements it.  comments, please.

  http://asofyet.org/muppet/software/gtk2-perl/notebook.patch

I think it's a pretty good thing.  This change in the API should be
notified in the Gtk2::api man page, though - for the people (like me)
coming straight from the "C side"...

Something like this:

+++

Gtk2::Notebook::append_page
Gtk2::Notebook::prepend_page
Gtk2::Notebook::insert_page
    In C, these functions require, for the tab_label parameter, a
    GtkWidget, in order to enable passing of containers, such as a
    GtkHBox containing a GtkImage and a label, or a GtkButton and a
    label.  In perl, passing a string into tab_label is the same
    as passing an anonymous GtkLabel widget, that is:

      $notebook->append_page($vbox, Gtk2::Label->new("Some string"));

    it's equivalent to:

      $notebook->append_page($vbox, "Some string");

+++

[ sorry for my poor english. ]

Regards,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi (Zefram)       [ http://digilander.libero.it/ebassi/blog ]
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4DD0 C90D 4070 F071 5738  08BD 8ECC DB8F A432 0FF4