Glib/Gtk2 0.97 release (and superfriends)

another week, another round of releases:

  Glib 0.97 routes g_log messages through perl.  not only can you
       redirect g_log messages at runtime (to a file or a log window),
       but if you do nothing, those pesky warnings from inside Gtk
       now report the relevant file and line in your perl code. :)
       also added a fair amount of new pod to Glib.pm; please have a
       look through this and tell me how horrible it is.

  Gtk2 0.97 implements more drag and drop functions, basically anything
       that required a GtkTargetList.  Gtk2::SimpleMenu has some new
       pod, and Gtk2::CodeGen uses Glib's new generic typemap to cut
       out more than 2/3 of the typemap code.

  Gnome2 0.34 adds GnomePopupMenu support; i don't have any test code
       for this, and in fact Gnome2 needs an entire test suite....
       as well as a maintainer.

  Gnome2::Canvas 0.30 mostly makes cosmetic code updates.

For the beta modules (Glib, Gtk2, and Gtk2::GladeXML) the 1.0 API freeze
is imminent; the functionality is there, and now we need to get in the
bugfixes.  The next round of releases will most likely[1] be labeled
1.0rcn, where n will bump up until we have a week with no bugfixes.

I've updated the TODO lists in the modules, so grab these releases and
check out what remains to be done.

On the known bug list is the class closure / virtual function override
stuff for Glib::Object.  I hope to resolve this in the next couple of
weeks, as it doesn't appear there will be any API changes involved.

[1] as always, with the disclaimer "barring any unforseen problems".