last call

it's been a while since a major bug has been found in Gtk2 or Glib, and there hasn't been a commit to either since last week. if you know of any bugs that need to be fixed before the stable release finally fights its way out of beta, the speak now or forever hold your peace.

otherwise, i will release the actual 1.00 of each on the tenth.

so...

/me points the microphone at the crowd and waits for a response

as for the post-1.00 release plan:

i plan to take a while off from making releases, as i haven't seen a normal thursday night since Gtk2 0.90, which was twelve weeks ago. the 1.00 release will reach a lot of people, and we'll get bug reports i'm sure. i'll reserve 1.01 for the Brown Paper Bag release, which i hope will not be needed. we'll collect the bug fixes and new documentation (you guys are still writing documentation, right?) and make a 1.02 in a month or so. once gtk+ 2.4.x is generally available, we'll start patching that in, and have another major stable release for that, similarly for 2.6 etc.

should we go to 2.00 for the 2.4/2.6/3.0 release, or just keep on the 1.xx series indefinitely?

i'd also like to get lots of example code up on the website, and start discussion on how we're going to do the perl API reference docs. (as we've seen, not everyone in the perl community is comfortable reading the C API docs.)

in the meantime, torsten has taken the conch as maintainer of Gnome2 and will be making releases on Gnome2 on a separate schedule. watch for him on freshmeat -- http://freshmeat.net/projects/gnome2-perl/

as always, comments, rebuttals, and questions are very welcome.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>