Re: Subclassing Gtk2::CellRenderer

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 10:47 AM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:

* Bjarne Steinsbø <bosteins broadpark no> [2003-10-02 14:13]:
A. Pagaltzis wrote:
Do it "Excel style", ie have an input box at the top or bottom of
the table, possibly disabled so long as the user has not selected
anything to edit. When they click something to edit, focus the
input box.

First of all I never really liked the "Excel style" (in Excel).
I've always found it awkward to move the cursor back and forth
between the table and the entry at the top.

A popup would be just as awkward, IMO, that's why I proposed this.

i'm not sure that would be awkward at all --- what i was seeing in my head as he described using a popup on a cell renderer was something like the property lists you see in borland builder, kylix, and qtdesigner --- the cell is just a button that you activate to get a short menu of options.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>