Re: Subclassing Gtk2::CellRenderer

* Bjarne Steinsbø <bosteins broadpark no> [2003-10-02 11:47]:
Probably a popup when the user clicks in a column of a certain
type. I'll probably sub-class the widget and hide it down
there, so that I can come back and change the implementation at
a later stage, if and when I want to do it properly.

Here's a proposition for something which is as userfriendly as
editable cells, only looks less integrated:

Do it "Excel style", ie have an input box at the top or bottom of
the table, possibly disabled so long as the user has not selected
anything to edit. When they click something to edit, focus the
input box.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."