Re: SimpleList->new_from_treeview

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 03:38 PM, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:

I noticed that new_from_treeview doesn't complain when the treeview arg
doesn't exist - cost me half a day bug hunting :((
Maybe an argument check could be inserted ?

if you supply undef for the widget, it creates a new one. that's a side effect of the way it's implemented --- ->new is now a call to ->new_from_treeview. perhaps they both need to be error-checking front ends to a constructor?

ah. i had documented the fact that undef results in a new widget being created, but apparently that documentation didn't make it into cvs. sorry about that.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>