Re: build gtk2-1.011 on win32

On Tuesday, November 18, 2003, at 04:49 PM, Torsten Link wrote:

I have the problem to build the GTK-perl on my win32 environment.
I use the Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 compiler.
[snip]
Then I got the following errors when run nmake:

Error: 'const gchar *' not in typemap in GtkMenuItem.xs, line 28
Error: No OUTPUT definition for type 'GtkWidget *', typekind 'T_GPERL_GENERIC_WRAPPER' found in GtkMenuItem.xs, line 42

Gtk2's build stuff is not finding the right typemap for Glib.

did you install Glib?  is it the right version?  is it in your PERL5LIB?

given the Very Big Bug i found last weekend and the fact that i just got HEAD working on win32 again yesterday, i suggest you use the 1.012 releases i'll be making later today.

--
"that's it! you're a genius!" "yes. that's what i think. do you think i deserve a raise?"
        - dialogue from 'Godzilla versus Mothra', 1964