Re: beta release of gtk2-perl-xs, please try it out

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

[...]

thanks for finding that.  i thought about it once upon a time, but
apparently didn't do anything about it.

how about a brief copyright notice at the top of each source file,
pointing to LICENSE and AUTHORS files in the top of each module?

Sounds reasonable to me.

then, of course, who belongs in the AUTHORS files?  i'd rather be
inclusive than picky, but do i list the pygtk project as authors because
i looked at their code, or just say they inspired it?

If that were for me, I'd mention that their code inspired
gtk2-perl.

[...]

Since I'm in newbie mode, I don't go further :).

did you install Glib?  these have been broken into separately
installable pieces, and thus need to be installed in order, like the C
libraries.

Yep. I thought the failure would lead to a more explicit message
so I didn't even think about that :/.

oh, and if you did Makefile.PL to a PREFIX, you need to include that
PREFIX in your perl path.  instructions to this effect are in the
READMEs --- if they aren't clear enough, please fix them.

Yes, yes. Indeed, with the proper -I Gtk2-0.20 builds for me.

[...]

gtk2-perl-xs isn't "mine", it's ours.  if it was mine i wouldn't be
asking everybody's opinion on important issues and such, i'd just do it.

Yes.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/