Re: gtk2-perl debs

Christian Borup said:
I used to work in a mostly php department. The first thing I heard when I
showed my coleagues Frozen-Bubble (the cool games written in Perl) was: if
Perl is so great why does the site run php.

i would retort: "because php is highly tuned to writing webpages, and is in
fact often a better tool for that job than perl; but perl is almost always the
better tool for other tasks, including writing gui apps."

in fact, i do most of my webpages in php, until they get complicated and hard,
at which point i switch to perl because php just doesn't scale as nicely.  :)

sure, there are gtk bindings for php, but it doesn't make sense to me to write
a gtk application webpage inside <? ?> tags.

--
muppet <scott asofyet org>