Re: gtk2-perl: moving on by standardizing our code

Goran Thyni <goran kirra net> writes:

maybe I am too extreme but I don't think any code style rules should be
used at all. To get contributions the hurdles should be as low as possible
and a style guide is an unnecassary hurdle.

i think that this strategy, used in medium or large projects,
lead to having many people contributing small pieces of code that
will break or be hard to maintain, because other people have
trouble reading that code.

When I started out one goal was to try out using agile methods.
Writing code thats works and later refactor what does have a
bad fit to the more general design at that point.

To ensure good quality code what we need is more test cases and even more
test cases. Then we need more test cases.

the most test-cases we have, the better, of course; but
non-interactive test-cases do not fit pretty well GUI issues :(.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/