Re: Gtk2 and inheritance

Jörn Reder said:
Goran Thyni wrote:

I think I should be doable,
can't see what harm removing "read-only" could do.
Fill me in here if we have cases where it could cause
problems.

Ok - I just removed the SvREADONLY_on and committed it.

speaking of this, i noticed recently that the old Gtk-Perl module included a
function called "register_subclass" which allowed you to define a GtkObject
subclass in perl code.  don't know offhand if something like that would've
also solved your problem...

in fact, i have been poring over the Gtk2-Perl type system code (the stuff in
_Helpers.c) for the past few days, putting together plans for a fundamental
change which would clean up some ugliness (putting Gnome2-specific stuff in
Gtk2) and allow more flexibility in the future.  more on this in another
email, coming soon.

--
muppet <scott asofyet org>