what to replace GtkList with for Gtk2::Combo

Hi,

I've noticed that GtkList has now apparenlty been officially deprecated in Gtk2,
but GtkCombo's have not been. and the Gtk2::Combo still says that it uses a
GtkList. As Gtk2-perl apparently, and reasonably enough, is not implementing any
deprecated functionality I get an error from my program trying to access
list->clear_items, saying GtkList doesn't exist, and falls though to a
GtkContainer, which naturally doesn't have hte clear_items method.

How can a non-deprecated widget contain a deprecated one? am i missing
somethine? I'd be havppy to use a GtkListStore but there appears to be no way to
use this within a dropdown box...

thanks

chris