Re: Does Gtk2::XML exist?

i think what you're looking for is GladeXML. if you check out gtk2-perl-xs
with cvs from sourceforge you'll get what i've done on it thus far. it seems
to work. there's some issuse with custom widgets i haven't worked out b/c i
don't have example custom widgets and uses of those examples to work on/with.
much like Gnome2's bindings it will probably stagnate until someone desires to
pick it up and run with it. i don't know enough about libglade (xml) to finish
out the deatils.

if you don't do anything too fancy then what's there will probably work for
you. as always report bugs and problems you find. if we don't know they exist
we can't fix them...

-rm

Bruce Alderson said:
 From a quick search on the list, I've read that Gtk2::XML hasn't yet
been started ... is this still correct?  I ask, in case my Googling  skills
are lacking.  I've used Gtk::XML in the past, and found libglade  bindings
for Python, but I'd prefer perl and Gtk2.

I'm not actually sure that I would use Gtk2::XML, but I ask as someone  at
the Advocato strongly recommended that I use it (libglade) rather  than any
language bindings directly.  I had mentioned that I was
considering either writing a script to convert the output of glade to  perl
code, or to use the resulting C-code directly.  I thought that I  would at
least try it.   Note: I did check out Glade-two-perl-2
(http://www.glade.perl.connectfree.co.uk/Glade-Perl-Two/index.html), but  it
seemed to bork on anything non-trivial.

The GTK2 perl bindings look really quite good btw, I've been able to
prototype several things with very little effort.  The only place that
causes trouble are those areas where my Gtk(2) knowledge is lacking ;-)

--mx