Glib threading work...

Well, I've begun the work toward making Glib threadsafe, and I've included
a patch here which encapsulates this work.  This patch contains the code
for doing locking on the various global and static variables in the Glib
codebase.  It makes use of the Glib mutex code, so I've had to modified
Makefile.PL to detect gthread-2.0 and include the appropriate libraries.

Of course, some code should be added to make Glib behave nicely if Glib
hasn't been built with threading support...

Brett.