Gtk2::Plug -- connect?

I'm trying to write a module that will allow me to write panel applets
for ROX-Filer, a Gtk2 application. I am basing my module off of a python
library (ROX-Lib2), which uses the notation:
    plug.socket(xid)
where 'plug' is a GtkPlug object. I tried using:

    $plug->socket($xid);

and

    $plug->add_to_socket($xid);

but get complaints on compilation that these methods cannot be found for
Gtk2::Plug objects. (The latter was true even when I tried uncommenting
the relevant areas in GtkPlug.xs and recompiling/installing Gtk2.)

How do I connect to a GtkSocket, using gtk2-perl 0.90?

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/