signal_stop_emission_by_name() and set_sort_func()

Aloha,

I'm having problems with the methods mentioned in the subject. If I try
to use them the way the API documentation suggests:

  $tree_view -> signal_stop_emission_by_name("button_press_event");

and

  $tree_model -> set_sort_func(COLUMN_TASK, sub { ... });

I'm greeted with the following error messages:

  Can't locate object method "signal_stop_emission_by_name" via package
  "Gtk2::TreeView" at ./odot line 100.

and

  Can't locate object method "set_sort_func" via package
  "Gtk2::TreeStore" at ./odot line 69.

I couldn't find any reference to this in the documentation, in the
example code and in the mailing list archive. So my question is: What am
I doing wrong here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
-Torsten