GtkText -> GtkTextView ?

I've converted my glade interface with libgladeconvert and i see that it converted GtkText to
GtkTextView. That seems okay, but looking at GtkTextView i saw that it might not be that similar
to GtkText.

GtkText was based on GtkEditable while GtkTextView is a children of GtkContainer.

With GtkText i used the GtkEditable methods : delete_text(), get_length() and insert_text().
What am i suppose to do with GtkTextView ? I've to use the buffer ?

Is GtkTextView really what i should use as a replacement ?

-Pascal