Re: problem with libglade

Ross McFarland wrote:

are you doing:

Gnome2->Program->init(paramters, ., .);

Bingo! As soon as I saw Pascal's code, I realized I needed the Gnome stuff. I get the same warnings, etc. that you saw, which I think I understand.

Thanks for the clue.

If anybody cares, I still haven't found the magic to build the same thing in C. The Gnome stuff on my system looks to be a *MESS*, I guess because I upgraded from RH8 to RH9 and there's still a bunch of old gnome development libs hanging around.

If I run 'pkg-config --list-all' I only see the 2.0 packages listed, but if I run 'pkg-config --cflags gnome', I get:

$ pkg-config --cflags gnome
-DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/include/gnome-1.0 -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

Needless to say, I haven't had any success trying to work with that.

Anyway, thanks again.

<Joe