Re: gtk+ 1.2.10, Gtk-Perl 0.7008 -- how the heck do I set initial window position?

 From: Joe Smith <jes martnet com>
 Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:20:01 -0500

 I thought this was always a 'hint' in X.  I.e., the application
 programmer could only _request_ a position from the window manager and
 the window manager was not guaranteed to honor the request.

That's correct, but I'm not talking about giving hints to the window
manager which it is ignoring.  I'm talking about the fact that in
Gtk-Perl, there's no way to set the hints properly.

  jik