Re: gtk+ 1.2.10, Gtk-Perl 0.7008 -- how the heck do I set initial window position?

Earlier, I wrote:

 The window manager cannot be expected to place the window properly
 when it is mapped if the application has not followed the proper
 procedures for telling the window manager how to place the window.
 I cannot find any calls in the Gtk or Gdk API (either the Perl
 wrapper or the direct C API) to do that.

Actually, I take that back.  It looks like there are calls in Gtk 2.0
to do this.  Alas, Gtk-Perl doesn't support Gtk 2.0.  Sigh.

  jik