Re: Gtk2::SimpleList.. adding columns?

On Saturday, December 20, 2003, at 07:45 PM, Dominik wrote:

I'm trying to see if there is a way to add a column to a pre-existing
SimpleList.. is it possible?

at this point, the list is no longer simple.  ;-)

you'll need to use the full GtkTreeView API to do that. the Gtk2::SimpleList itself is a Gtk2::TreeView, and its Gtk2::ListStore model is available as $simplelist->get_model.

if you want to add view column, then look into Gtk2::TreeView->insert_column or append_column.

If you want to add a data column, you will actually need to reconstruct the model, as you can't change the column definitions after you've inserted rows into the model.

--
"it's hard to be eventful when you have this much style."
   - me, rationalizing yet another night of sitting at home.