Re: Gtk2/Glib 0.96

muppet said:
this makes me wonder, though, what happens if you change the installed
version of gtk+ after compiling gtk2-perl.

good news would be that it 'should' continue to work work with the new gtk,
but you wouldn't have the new functions.

perl usually does lazy loading at runtime, but make test forces all
symbols to resolve at load, which catches dangling symbols and dupes
and such.  we'd have to undo that in order to have 2.2.x functions
always available in the binaries, and even that wouldn't work on all
platforms.  ick.

we could possibly compile all of the function wrappers in (there would be
warnings) and do some autoloader tricks at runtime (if we can get a version
from gtk at runtime which i'm not sure we can)  on 2.0.x to catch people
trying to use 2.2.x functions with 2.0.x and warn/carp/die. i'm not sure that
it would really be possible and/or a good idea.

-rm