Re: Gtk2->init hangs

we've seen similar on slackware the only thing that ever
seemed to come of it was something about the way that Perl and
Gtk+ we're compiled or something really funky that didn't seem
to be our fault.

Aha! That's what I'm on.

Slackware 9, Perl 5.8.0 nothreads, Gtk+ 2.2.1

* muppet <scott asofyet org> [2003-08-23 16:01]:
specifically, it appears to be an interesting interaction
between a non-threaded perl and threaded glib/gtk+.

That makes sense. Good incentive to get that threaded Perl
compiled sooner I guess (I need one for Apache2 anyway).

just to satisfy my curisiosity, what happens if you build the
Glib module with

   perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=whatever disable-threadsafe

??  do you still get the hangs in Gtk2?

Just checked. Doesn't help. Interestingly enough, this problem
does not occur with the 0.26 versions of both modules.

Thanks for your help everyone!

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."