Re: Gtk2->init hangs

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 09:38  AM, Ross McFarland wrote:

A. Pagaltzis said:
I've had this strange problem for a while now. I have no idea
what might be causing it. Please tell me what information might
be necessary to help fix this - I'm stumped.

we've seen similar on slackware the only thing that ever seemed to come of it was something about the way that Perl and Gtk+ we're compiled or something
really funky that didn't seem to be our fault.

specifically, it appears to be an interesting interaction between a non-threaded perl and threaded glib/gtk+.

just to satisfy my curisiosity, what happens if you build the Glib module with

   perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=whatever  disable-threadsafe

??  do you still get the hangs in Gtk2?