Newbie question - replacing Gtk2::Image with another

Hi. I have an app that displays a Gtk2::Image in a Frame, and that
works fine. I'm not quite able to figure out how to then replace that
image with a different one. I looked through the gtk2 docs on
gnome.org a lot, but for someone that knows perl and not C, they're
not very helpful. I've tried setting $image to another pixbuf, but the
image doesn't change on the screen at all. I'm rather new to Gtk
stuff, I tried searching extensively on Google, but I couldn't find
anything about this. Thanks much for any assistance.