gtk2-perl, glade-2, & nautilus

Hi gurus -

I am trying to build an interactive nautilus script, based on gtk2-perl
and the glade-2 development package.  So far I can build nice-looking
user interfaces with glade-2 and attach callbacks that do most of what I
want.  But I have run into a problem with textentry boxes.  What is the
beat way (using glade-2) to initially populate a text entry?  I would
like to have it display a list of selected files when the app first
comes up (files selected in nautilus).  Debugging code logs the files
properly, but I don't know what signal to use to fill in the text when
the program starts.  I have tried realize, but that never seems to get
called -- is there some way to forcibly realize the text box before the
whole window is shown?  And if so, what might be the window's name,
remembering that I'm trying to use glade-2 as well.

I'm sure that there are some really simple answers to this, I just
haven't found them/ figured them out yet.

On a related note, can anyone on this list tell me how to get a nautilus
script to actually show the GUI?  Or is this something that I really
should ask on a nautilus list?

All assistance gratefully accepted,

--

--Jeff