Re: beta 0.94 released

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 07:35  PM, James Curbo wrote:

On an unrelated note, I haven't had as much free time as I had hoped,
but I will soon, so I will try and help whip up some documentation
before 1.0 comes out. I was wondering; should we have a Gtk2::reference
like in gtk-perl, or seperate pods for each widget/class/what have you?
Can you put multiple pods in one file?

Gtk::reference merely listed the call signatures of the perl functions; it didn't actually explain what they do. thus, i found it to be of limited usefulness, since i wound up having to look at the C reference anyway.

personally, i think multiple pods would be cumbersome and wasteful; quite a few of them would have only one or two things in them.

you can do just about anything you want with pod; XS supports embedded pod, and we can define our own parser for use with =for tags, and podselect fetches the pod for us. Glib's apidoc.pl uses the commandline version of podselect to extract the pod from the xs files for Glib::xsapi.