Re: redone CVS debs

-- Pascal <evilynux yahoo com> wrote
(on Thursday, 07 August 2003, 03:02 PM +0200):
 --- James Curbo <hannibal adtrw org> a ?crit?:
Feedback is always appreciated.

I don't know what to tell you apart from :
- it works nice for me.
- i enjoy your deb pkgs alot since i prefer avoiding having things built aside.
- keep up the good work and thanks alot [that goes to Szilveszter Farkas to] :)

I was wondering why GladeXML pkg was libgtk2-gladexml-perl while in gtk-1.2 the pkg is
libgladexml-perl. considering that, i would suggest renaming to libgladexml2-perl.

Probably because in the Gtk2 version, the hierarchy is:

    Gtk2
     - GladeXML

i.e., it's a nested module of Gtk2, and you use it with the notation
'use Gtk2::GladeXML;' Because of this, it makes sense (IMHO) to call the
deb package libgtk2-gladexml-perl (much like there are
libfilesys-diskfree-perl and libfilesys-diskspace-perl, etc.).

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/