Re: button not reappearing

Chris Phillips said:
sub on_mencoder_output_show_button_clicked
{
        $::widgets->{'mencoder_output_frame'}->show_all;
        $::widgets->{'mencoder_output_show_button'}->hide;
}

have you tried silly obvious things like hiding the button before showing the
frame?  this order-of-operations type stuff can make a difference in how the
layout recalculations happen.

also, can you just change the text in the button rather than hiding it?

but i'm certain that hide and show tricks work, because GnomeDruid does that
for replacing the Next button with Finish, and i used that in one of my apps
to replace a statusbar with a progress meter and cancel button.

And I also didn't say it was gtk2, my bad... (and not set_visibility,...doh!)

i was wondering... :-)

and i also have an idle callback to go through events pending
too. it's all so so basic...

this shouldn't be necessary, because you only get to an idle callback after
all the pending events have been handled.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>