Re: gtk2-perl / a script to help converting basic functions

Daniel Lacroix <dlacroix erasme org> writes:

Which is correct, and pretty helpful :).

I don't share to point of view. The gtkperl_text_buffer_get_text
function is not correct. It will create a memory leak in Gtk2-Perl. The
gtk_text_buffer_get_text function like many other is returning an
allocated string which must be freed with g_free when we no more need
it. This is often the case for function which return char *.

I think that we must copy the string in a perl string and g_free the
return value before exiting the function. I have not the solution
("code") for now but you must be aware of that I try to correct this.

I see - while this is not strictly a problem from the script,
the rest of the code probably containing more occurence of the
like.

Do we have an helpful tool to efficiently/easily check for memory
leaks?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/