Re: gtk-perl under m$

Wow, you did a great job on enumerating all that needed to be done!

My attempt was a hack and make exercise until it finally worked.  But in the
end I did everything you had done.

I did do a rebase though, and the most important thing I found was that all
the DLLs need to rebased in one pass.  I'm sure this was mentioned some
where but I must have missed it...

I constructed a file like this:

/home/IBM_USER/rebase.exe -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 cygXpm-X4.dll
cygdb_cxx-3.1.dll cygexpat-0.dll ...

I added all of the DLLs in "/bin/" and in my gtk/gnome distribution
"/opt/gnome/bin/*.dll" and the perl dll (if not in /bin) and dlls in
"/usr/X11R6/bin"

Then I just executed the file in the current shell.  The reason I finally
settled on this method is that some dlls fail.  I would edit the file,
remove the failed dll and run again.

I am not a cygwin expert and this method seemed to work for me but YMV.

-Bill