Re: HTML-viewer

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Vos, Berry wrote:

I am working on a cgi-app using Perl with Apache. Doing this I discovered that pure HTML isn't as
functional as I'd like. So I wondered if it is possible to build a GTK-app that uses my perl cgi-scripts
(so that I don't have to rewrite my code). What I'd llike to do is call a perl-script whith
stdout-redirection and catch the html-code and build a window with comboboxes, lists, tables etc. Does
anyone have any experience with this?

this seems fairly similar to the Entity project (www.entity.cx), which builds
a gui from a xml description. it supports perl, python, tcl, javascript and c.

lanzz
--