gtk-perl help!!

Title: gtk-perl help!!

hi all!!
  i am learning to work with gtk-perl and have a problem. i have created a text widget and the contents of the widget are read from a file. Now i make it user editable. Once the user clickes on the OK button I should be able to read the contents from the text widget and write it back to the file from which it was read. To the least i should atleast be able to get the contents of the text widget in  a variable. Somebody please help me with the code.

thank u.
regards
sowmya