Re: gtk+-2.0 perl status questions

Are there any groups/companies out there using this and willing to
fund a 2.0 port? I know some companies must be using perl/Gtk in their
test labs instead of Tcl/Tk or others. I'd be willing to work on this
now if so. Otherwise I'll wait like most until it becomes pressing or
automagically gets done.

Gavin
--
http://emptytreeseedy.sf.net/

Scott Smith <ssmith watson wustl edu> writes:

I've been following some of the discussion of the port to gtk+ 2.0, and
I have a few questions for anyone involved:

1. Paolo Molaro and Kenneth Albanowski are listed as authors for Gtk.pm,
but I haven't seen them as part of the discussion of the gtk 2.0 port.
Are you guys out there?  Any additional docs on your port of Gtk 1.x to
perl?

2. Paolo Molaro seems to be the maintainer of the gtkperl web site.
There's nothing about v 2.0 on the site, and the news hasn't been
updated since June 2001.  Has there been any discussion of passing-on
maintainer-ship to someone else if he's moved-on to other things?
Considered a sourceforge site?

3. I'd love to contribute, though my knowledge of xs is nill.  I grabbed
Nathan Mueller's source.  Some more info on your overall plan and what
you view the state of the code to be would be great.  Specifically:

      an overview of how you intend Gtk.pm to work
      what you haven't figure out yet
      what is incomplete
      what is broken

4. Is this port best as its own mailing list, or as part of the general
gtk-perl list?

Any info anyone can provide on the state of this thing would be great.

Thanks,

Scott Smith
Informatics
Genome Sequencing Center