Gnome Dentry

HI

In my application I'd like to scan a directory
for gnome desktop entries (.desktop-files),
and add the application icons to a vbox.

Now, in a previous program I wrote in c, i used
this:

    dentry=gnome_desktop_entry_load (file);

where 'file' is the '.desktop' file.

I scanned the mail archives and the documentation
for gnome-perl, but I can't seem to find an
equivalent for this function. Is it at all possible
to load a dentry like this using gtk-perl?

jos