Re: gtkperl apps launch

On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 23:53, Thomas Ledbetter wrote:
  Anyone want to take a guess at why (all of a sudden) gtk-perl apps on
my system won't launch correctly when I add a launcher for them, to the
Gnome panel?
  However, if I run it from a command line, or configure the launcher to
'Run in Terminal', things work fine.

I also noticed this.  Sometimes the panel can restart a
Gtk::AppletWidget applet all by itself when one crashes, and sometimes
it cannot.  AppletWidgets that cannot be created properly end up with
the little black placeholder graphic, and the perl process dies.

Of course, the panel is supposed to relaunch applets every login and
every crash, so it's kind of important that this works.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]