gtkperl apps launch

  'Hey all..

  Anyone want to take a guess at why (all of a sudden) gtk-perl apps on
my system won't launch correctly when I add a launcher for them, to the
Gnome panel?

  Its really weird!  Take the simple 'goodbye world' code from the
gtkperl tutorial..

  ( 'copy at http://www.revelstone.net/kb/gtkperl/goodbyeworld.html )

  If I try to run the command from a launcher, I see the process
running, but nothing ever happens!?

tledbett 19059 15.0  0.9  8552 4948 ?        S    23:45   0:00
/usr/bin/perl -w /home/tledbett/work/projects/gtkperl/goodbye_world.pl

  Clicking on the launcher multiple times results in a process launched
for each - all appear to be 'sleeping'.

  However, if I run it from a command line, or configure the launcher to
'Run in Terminal', things work fine.

  Im not sure when/why this started happening.. I was trying to
determine if it had something to do with xalf - or maybe something not
getting set right in the environment.. It only affects gtk perl apps
however!?!

  'Any ideas?

Thomas Ledbetter                                              GCS/MU
tledbett revelstone net                                    ULVS++++$

                  L       I       N       U       X

 'The apparent randomness with which the universe presents itself,
  is proof that it operates on an inherent higher order..'