Re: getting Gtk-Perl to compile with Perl 5.8

Frank Hale <frankhale yahoo com> writes:

[...]

With Perl 5.6.1 doing:

make PREFIX=/location/to/put/shit install

That worked. With 5.8.0 is doesn't. I looked through
the Makefile but I cannot see which variable is the
right one to do what I need.

this feature has been concensiously dropped since version 5.91_01 of
ExtUtils::MakeMaker (cf ExtUtils/Changes)

a solution is to use
  perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr

as for Mandrake, i've included a patch to make it backward compatible:
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/perl/perl-5.8.0-RC2-MakeMaker--have-PREFIX-appear-in-INSTALLs-variables-like-it-used-to-be.patch