Re: Gtk-Perl on cygwin?

At 08:53 PM 06/01/02 +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
I looked at your site:
expat 1.95.0 (versions 1.95.1 and 1.95.2 don't seem to work)
That is not correct, expat-1.95.2 builds with a little patch with
shared libs.  I posted a patch at the expat sourceforge bug tracker.

Thanks!  I will look up your patch and try again.

XML::Parser version 2.29 (version 2.30 does not work)
What is the problem with XML::Parser 2.30?

"Win32 error 126" during the tests, indicating that the system can't load
blib/arch/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.dll.

I think I was led to try an older version of XML::Parser because of this
message:

However, the problem with 2.30 may be the same one that you patched with xpat.

Thanks also for your note about not being able to build Win32 DLLs with
undefined symbols.  I don't have any real experience in building things
under Cygwin - if you've got any ideas on the dll issue, please let me know!

I did have some luck changing "extern" declarations to
"__declspec(dllimport) extern".  But then, instead of build time errors, I
got runtime errors.  And then I got busy with other things.  I'll try to
look at it again in the next day or so...

Thanks for your help,

Michael

--
Michael Graham