Re: Non-UI events?

Hi,

I thing you have a simple way of doing this but I don't test it. If you
insensitive a widget which contains sub widgets, then sub widget are
also insensitive. So If all your widget are in a table, just do:

$table->set_state('insensitive');

and:

$table->set_state('active');

to reactivate them. You can also do it on the window or any other
widget.

Hope it works.
Daniel

Le sam 30/11/2002 Ã 21:49, Mike Nielsen a Ãcrit :
Dear list members,

I'm slowly getting the hang of using gtk+ with perl and glade
(glade2perl), and am trying to build a well-constructed app (as
opposed to the 'learning opportunities' I've created before).

In my app, I connect to a database, after which I'd like a set of
widgets to automagically become sensitive. Likewise, on disconnection,
the widgets need to become insensitive (unsensitive?).  It seems that
there should be a way to have all the widgets that need to do
something on a change of state at the application level register to
receive a signal of some sort, so I don't have to go around un/setting
them to sensitive and getting the list right each time.

Is there a canonical or generally accepted way of doing this?  Sorry
if I've missed something that is blindingly obvious, but it seems I
need to create a new signal -- is this right?

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Mike