mixed language coding
- From: Jim Edwards <jedwards inmet gov br>
- To: gtk-perl <gtk-perl-list gnome org>
- Subject: mixed language coding
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:25:19 +0000
I tried this last week and didn´t get the response I had hoped for.
Please allow me to try again:
I have an application in Perl and another in c that I want to combine
into a single app. Currently the perl code uses perl/Tk and the c code
does not have a gui. My plan is to create a gtk+ gui using glade. As
I see it there are a few approachs to the multi language issue:
The perl code would have one or two dialog windows that would keep the
focus while open. The c code is much more complex.
1. Write all the gui in c and call the perl code from within callback
wrappers written in c.
This seems like it would involve a lot of interface writing.
2. Write the part of the gui for the perl in perl and the rest in c -
I think i would then need many fewer calls from c to perl
possibly only two - one to setup the interface and another to
invoke the dialog.
Does anyone know of an example that does this and what kind of problems
i might encounter?
] [Thread Prev