Re: Gnome::App->create_menus() not inserting widget info

Actually, disregard that last one, I forgot there can be more types of
menuitems other than subtrees and items.  It will take a bit more of work.

Andrew

Paolo,
   Thanks a bunch for fixing that, works like a charm now.  Here is
some code to do the widget_from_uiinfo that you mentioned :

sub widget_from_uiinfo {
  my ( $uiinfo, $uipath ) = @_;
  my ( @parent_array, $array_item, $find_type );
  my @uiinfo_path = split(/\//, $uipath);
  @parent_array = @{$uiinfo};
  while(@uiinfo_path) {
     next unless($search_path = shift(@uiinfo_path));
     $find_type = ($#uiinfo_path == -1) ? 'item' : 'subtree';
     foreach $array_item ( @parent_array ) {
        print "Comparing $array_item->{type} to $find_type for $array_item->{label}\n";
        if ( $array_item->{type} eq $find_type ) {
           if( $array_item->{label} eq $search_path ) {
              return($array_item->{widget}) if ($find_type eq 'item');
              @parent_array = @{$array_item->{subtree}};
              last;
  return(0);
}

It works well, returning 0 if it fails.  The are only two gotchas that I came
across with this code.  The first is that if you have menu items with
accelerators, like '_New', you have to put the accellerator in your search path :

widget_from_uiinfo(\ main_menus, "/_File/_New")

Easily fixed with one more substituion before comparison, but I thought it
was okay as it is.

The second is if your menuitem label contains a / in it.  My split will break
on that.  Didn't have a good way around it, so I'll toss it out there to see if
someone else has a good idea.

Feel free to use, modify, and abuse the above code in anyway you see fit.

Andrew