Re: Who's building gnome-perl/GtkHTML?

On 01/20/01 Jens Luedicke wrote:
I'm running Debian too and today libgtkhtml6 replaced
libgtkhtml4 in the unstable branch. GtkHTML complained
because it couldn't load the old lib and gnome-perl CVS
didn't detect the new libgtkhtml6 (when running perl Makefile.PL)
so I symlink'ed a file called libgtkhtml.so.4 to libgtkhtml.so.6 ...

Eh, this is not quite the right solution:-)
Yeah... but I needed something to get my mail client to work
without having to rewrite/replace some of it's code ;-))

Anyway GtkHTML in cvs now supports gtkhtml 0.8 (there were some
incompatibilities in the API since version 0.6).
Note that older versions of gtkhtml will not be supported
in the binding.

I'll check out the code ....

There is something still broken.... the main "perl Makefile.PL"
doesn't detect correctly the GtkHTML module, and if I try to build
it hand-made it will complain at the end that it couldn't find
a -lgal lib ....

--
with friendly regards....
        jens luedicke <jens irs-net com>

PMC - Perl Mail Client
    http://www.irs-net.com/
    wget it: wget -m -nH ftp://ftp.irs-net.com/pmc

Bush jr: FOAD ... perversion of justice ...
--
If's Beste Freundin: Else