double buffering

I was wondering if someone could point me to some documentation
on how to double buffer something using gtk-perl.

What I want to do is to draw a graph in a window and update it in
real time while it is computing its values
(the graph is based on a very large data set that takes quite a while
to compute and it would be useful to be able to browse around a partial
set of data while it computes the rest).  Is this doable with gtk-perl?

any help appreciated, thanks!

Ken