Re: [Helix Updates] Update to Gtk-Perl available (fwd)

Paolo Molaro wrote:

On 09/07/00 Randy J. Ray wrote:
Gtk-Perl has been updated to include the GNOME panel bindings for Red
Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, LinuxPPC, Caldera, and TurboLinux.

Uhm.
In my debian packages I haven't enabled panel support because
it has a noticeable impact in memory/speed usage and it's not
very widely used.
What about separating it out in a different module than Gnome?
What do people think about it?
That way apps that use the panel applet interface will need to:

use Gnome::Panel;
or something like that.
That's fine for me - I don't use gnome-panel and what you suggest seems a
small cost for those that do.

BTW, do you have any plans or knowledge of gnome-db bindings?

Specifically,
  GnomeDbGrid
  GnomeDbList
  GnomeDbCombo