Re: [gtk-osx-users] Questions about gtk-osx-setup.sh execution.

Le 26 juil. 2021 à 00:26, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> a écrit :

On Jul 25, 2021, at 3:37 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Hello,

I'm running gtk-osx-setup.sh on an external volume location.
Here are some questions:

a) Warnings logs:

Warning: the environment variable LANG is not set!
We recommend setting this in ~/.profile (or equivalent) for proper expected behavior.

Actually, I don't have LANG set, is it so mandatory? Is there a specific required value?

b) Rust installation

As a side effect Rust changes shell environnement files as for instance $HOME/.zshenv in order to source
$DEVROOT/.new_local/env which adds $DEVROOT/.new_local//bin to PATH.

It seems unnecessary as it is already done for executing jhbuild ;-) is it?

c) $HOME/.local specific location

$HOME/.local is created with a file structure like .local/share/virtualenvs/etc-Py3Tzk1g...
I would like to produce all built files on a dedicated volume. Thus I set DEVROOT to this volume path.

What is the setting to set .local location?

Pascal,

I don't know where the LANG warning is coming from. It's not gtk-osx or jhbuild. FWIW macOS usually sets it
and the LC_* variables from defaults so maybe you're unsetting it somewhere?

Yes LANG is set with a local shell session but curiously not in a remote session as I did.
Though, it doesn't seem to have any matter.

I don't understand the question about Rust. Do you already have Rust installed and gtk-osx-setup.sh isn't
detecting it? If so are CARGO_HOME and RUSTUP_HOME correctly defined in your environment?

Without shame, Rust installer modifies zsh and bash shell environnement files with that line (in my case):
. "/ext/src-2021/.new_local/env"
Not a Gtk-OSX concern, it is just for reporting.

You can see all of the default paths easily with `grep envvar gtk-osx-setup.sh`. You'll want to set
DEVPREFIX and PYTHONUSERBASE to $DEVROOT/.local.

I did set DEVROOT and let others set by the gtk-osx-setup.sh script. There isn't any .local in the script but
I got one created.

Last year I got:
% ls /ext/src-2020/.new_local/share/venv/etc-BfEnjbWy/
bin/        lib/        pyvenv.cfg  share/

This year I get no venv folder in $DEVROOT/.new_local:
% ls /ext/src-2021/.new_local/share/
pyenv/

But a virtualenvs folder in $HOME/.local:
% ls $HOME/.local/share/virtualenvs/etc-Py3Tzk1g/
bin/        lib/        pyvenv.cfg  share/      src/

How to change its location if possible?

Thanks, Pascal.
https://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr