Re: [gtk-osx-users] Questions about gtk-osx-setup.sh execution.

On Jul 25, 2021, at 3:37 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Hello,

I'm running gtk-osx-setup.sh on an external volume location.
Here are some questions:

a) Warnings logs:

Warning: the environment variable LANG is not set!
We recommend setting this in ~/.profile (or equivalent) for proper expected behavior.

Actually, I don't have LANG set, is it so mandatory? Is there a specific required value?

b) Rust installation

As a side effect Rust changes shell environnement files as for instance $HOME/.zshenv in order to source
$DEVROOT/.new_local/env which adds $DEVROOT/.new_local//bin to PATH.

It seems unnecessary as it is already done for executing jhbuild ;-) is it?

c) $HOME/.local specific location

$HOME/.local is created with a file structure like .local/share/virtualenvs/etc-Py3Tzk1g...
I would like to produce all built files on a dedicated volume. Thus I set DEVROOT to this volume path.

What is the setting to set .local location?

Pascal,

I don't know where the LANG warning is coming from. It's not gtk-osx or jhbuild. FWIW macOS usually sets it
and the LC_* variables from defaults so maybe you're unsetting it somewhere?

I don't understand the question about Rust. Do you already have Rust installed and gtk-osx-setup.sh isn't
detecting it? If so are CARGO_HOME and RUSTUP_HOME correctly defined in your environment?

You can see all of the default paths easily with `grep envvar gtk-osx-setup.sh`. You'll want to set DEVPREFIX
and PYTHONUSERBASE to $DEVROOT/.local.