[gtk-osx-users] GTK OSX and Mojave

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do a new installation of GTK with JHbuild, I'm having a few problem with python, libxml2 and the build process.

If I do:

jhbuild bootstrap
jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

the second command fails because libxml2 does not work with the apple provided python

if I run:

jhbuild bootstrap
jhbuild build python meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

... the second step works, but then it fails on :

jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core

with the error

jhbuild build: could not download http://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-osx/raw/master/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules: <urlopen error unknown url type: https>

.... because I think the jhbuild python does not support openssl.

I read an old thread that says to break the python build and manually add openssl dependency but there is a more elegant way, for instance in the .jhbuild-custom to fix this behaviour?

--
Bye,
 Gabry